Going from Sweden to 5R8, Madagascar.
An invitation to make a presentation at the
DX-meeting at Karlsborg has arrived!
The cards has arrived, we hope that SM0DJZ still will be able to enjoy
20 kg QSL cards are on their way to the QSL bureau!
Finally, all cards are sorted! Where do we go next?
- All QSL cards printed, all SQL cards are labeled and we're currently
sorting them... We expect to be done with that before Christmas eve, and
then all cards will be sent to the bureau. Merry Christmas!
- This was when we arrived in Nosy Be, after a couple of days in
Antananarivo. We're kinda pale... (SM1ALH, taxi driver, SM1IRS)
This was when we returned home, at Arlanda airport, pale taxi driver?
(SM1IRS, SM0NZY, SM4HAK)
- I heard a rumor about You Tube... And, it's true! Thanks to YV4BCD!
- Still on the way home. Breakfast this morning did not
include any white bread & pain riche...
- Mission completed, we are on the airport at Antananarivo, next stop Paris,
an 11 hours flight. Short stop then continue to Stockholm, Sweden. One night
in Stockholm and then home sweet home... I.e. snow and ice...
- Clublog has been updated with all our logs.
- Closing down station, thanks for all QSO:s, we really had a nice time! We
will update this website ASAP with more info and photos...
- Excellent opening on 40 meters! Tnx!
- Very good openings yesterday, first on 20 meter SSB, after that 80 meter
CW until the static rain came early in the morning.
- Back in Antananarivo again, so we will continue the operation from AF-013.
- All antennas are down, we are returning to the "main island"
tomorrow, a cab will pick us up in the morning. Really enjoyed the stay
here! We will add some more photos ASAP...
Just the place we were looking for, nice, close to the beach, ok to occupy
the beach with our antenna, security guy with a big machete taking care of
things and a five star chef.... Yes, and an excellent pile up of course!
- Really enjoyed yesterdays pile on 20 meter SSB!
- No electricity for the moment, but we expect both power and conds to
return later on today!
- Electricity is back!
- A trip to an new island, Nosy Sakatia, langust both for lunch and dinner.
- Conds above normal, a lot of QSO:s during morning hours, KH6 both on 7 and
10 MHz. Nice.
- The only cloud on the sky is Andy's dreams about Swedish meatballs and sausage.
- WX is UFB, 30 degrees centigrade in the shadow. Heard it was minus 30
degrees at home.
- 11:40 No electricity for the moment, but we will be back on bands ASAP, Photo
page updated while waiting...
- 14:45 Electricity is back. For how long? Hi
- A trip to two nearby islands, Nosy Komba and Nosy Tanikely, got home again before band opened. Lemur's
and other strange animals on the photo page....
- Major web update, including some photos.
- All radials fixed, antenna adjusted, full power.
- 2nd station up, running on 40 and 17 meters. No CW filter, ear filter
- SM4HAK Al could not resist staying up running the pile all night, we
passed 3000 QSO's
- Antenna up, on the beach, checked SWR on 20 meter, ok. Pile up since we
checked the antenna... We hope that other bands will work just as good...
- Arrived in Nosy Bee, met 5R8UI/IK5ZUI Michele and 5R8PR/IK2QPR Paolo,
Michele had arranged a taxi which picked us up at the airport, so 5R8HL had
a car waiting! Thanks!
5R8UI Michele, SM1ALH Eric, SM1IRS Andy, 5R8PR Paolo and SM4HAK Al.
- Mostly 40 meter, but could not resist trying 80 as well. Lots of static
and QRN but a couple of stations got thru, thanks. We expect low bands will
be better from the next QTH, Nosy Bee, it is close to the water.
- Will be leaving Antananarivo tomorrow morning.
2011-01-20 20:30 Heavy rain...
- Rain, static QRN and power losses.... Still fun.
2011-01-20 14:20 Up & running again
SM1ALH now on the air
2011-01-20 13:45 Thunder & Lightning short pause from the 20 m pileup
2011-01-19 We are almost installed...
2011-01-18 On the air
SM1IRS on the air
Outside, bananas hanging from tree...
- Leaving ice and snow for warmer WX
- QRO! SM1CQA / Rikard provides us with a PA!
- The linear need 40 Amps so SM0GNS / Peter supplies us with yet another
- SM0NZY / Patrik connects both our power supplies in parallel
- SM4HAK get his second cholera shot. Yammi, tastes like raspberries!
- Today SM1ALH started to take his first malaria pill.
Was is tasty? YACK!
- Antenna, coax, coils and other junk.
What is the weight of all this crap?
- Michele 5R8UIáreported thatáthey are waiting for usáon Nosy and that he have booked us a taxi.
- ┼ke 5R8FU says that everything is very calm after the Finnish guys left the island.
He is ready for another attack.
- Rainer SM2DMU on telephone. Liked to get some update on the expedition and promised to pay for our QSL cards.
Great guy, isn'táhe?
- Military group declares Madagascar takeover.
We're still "ON"!
- All flights booked. From Sweden, one night in Paris and then a long flight
to Antananarivo (Tana). From Tana to Nosy Bee.
- Planned meeting in Gothenburg - Ashe cloud from TF stopped all flights. SM4HAK
arrived by train but had nobody to talk to...
- SM1ALH got an idea, why not go to nice, warm place with a radio?